Swiss Team Challenge
This weekend saw the return of the Swiss Team Challenge for 2019. Transformance CrossFit Horgen hosted 4 teams from a combination of our Horgen / Meilen members to take on three events throughout the day challenging every aspect of their fitness. The event was a great opportunity to join our two communities and come together to push our limits and achieve some PRs and ‘firsts’ during the course of the day.
In particular, I would like to congratulate the following people / teams:
- ‘Meilen Mafia’ who were able to achieve the amazing result of coming 16th overall in Switzerland in the Rookie Category out of a total of 158 teams!
- ‘Run like the Winded’ who were able to complete all of the workouts with only 3 members in their team (as opposed to 4). They came together as a team and worked extremely hard for each other to push through their disadvantage and achieve some great results.
- Jan Senn (90kg), Michael Gutknecht (90kg) & Philipp Graeve (80kg) for achieving PRs in their Clean & Jerk. Even more amazing was that Michael almost did a strict press during his lift!
- Philip Graeve who was able to string together consecutive reps of muscle-ups for the first time!
- Nelson Millan for doing his first ever Pistol Squat.
Also a very big thank you to our volunteers, Alex, Thomas and Kim who helped to judge and photograph the day. Your time and support was very much appreciated.
Check out the photos of the event on our Facebook page.
Member Monday – Oliver Kahle
Meet our Member Monday guest, Oliver Kahle from Transformance CrossFit Meilen who gives us a valuable insight into his CrossFit journey and his progress towards his goals. Congratulations Oliver, keep up the good work!
This week will unfortunately see the departure of both Laurence and Max from the Transformance coaching team. on Monday 24th evening at 7:15pm we will host a farewell apero to say goodbye and goodluck in their new ventures. Join us in the Open Gym area for a presentation by Linda. A leaving card will also be available on the night for members to leave message for Max & Laurence respecitvely. Be sure to sign the card by the end of the week before they leave.
After the presentation, Laurence will host an ‘Old School Oly’ WOD, where members can test their 1RM using more traditional Weightlifting movements.
Welcome to Noemi
Noemi will join our coaching team on Monday the 1st July. Noemi brings a wealth of experience to the team and is an avid Olympic Lifter. We look forward to welcoming her on Monday and ask that all members help to make her feel part of our special community in the same way that you did for me just a few weeks ago.
Wishing everyone a great weekend and week ahead. As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions or need any further information at email@example.com. Matt and the rest of the Team Transformance
Follow us on Instagram: @transformance.ch ! (@transformancecrossfitmeilen has been closed down!)